Copyright 2017. ODS. All Rights Reserved.
Israel’s colonies doubled in 5 years
According to Cees Flinterman, member of the UN Commission on Human Rights, the number of Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian land has doubled in the last 54 months. In his report on Israel’s activity practices in Palestinian territory presented at a press conference held at the United Nations in Geneva Mr. Flinterman said "We have yet to receive an official response from Israel in regards to the increased number of settlements in the West Bank." Addressing the increasing violence of Israeli-Jewish colonists Mr. Flinterman said "We are concerned by the level of violence that settlers are using against Palestinian civilians and property owners in both the West Bank and East Jerusalem." Mr. Flinterman expressed his displeasure at the fact that the Israeli government refuses to recognize that torture is a crime. He said "The committee is greatly disappointed in Israel for not recognizing that torture is a crime. The torture and mistreatment that Israel practices in detention centers is a serious problem and we call on Israel to address them within a year's time."
Misunderstanding the struggle for liberation and self-determination in Palestine
Many people misunderstand the nature of the struggle for Palestine. They consider Palestine to be contested land between Israelis and Palestinians. The facts about the struggle are simple:
1. There was no entity called Israel before 1948
2. There were no Israelis before 1948
3. There is no meaningful verifiable connection between modern Israelis and the Israelite of the Bible. Modern Israeli Ashkenazi Jews (European) are not Semitic and came to Judaism through conversions. Also the Hebrew Bible, the only source of the mythology about Israel and the Israelite, is unreliable as a source of history, archaeology, and science.
4. European colonial settlers were transported mainly from Europe settled and colonized historic Palestine by force and without the consent of the indigenous population, the Palestinians. All of the 37 signers of the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel were European by birth.
5. The settler colonists established Israel in Palestine in 1948 by Jews of Jews for Jews with the active support of western colonial powers after ethnically cleansing the majority of the Palestinians, destroying more than 530 Palestinian towns and city sections, and committing scores of heinous crimes against Palestinian civilians to bring about their expulsion.
6. Since 1948 Israel created an elaborate apartheid system that favors Jews, discriminates against the Palestinians, and is designed to maintain control and dominance of Israeli-Jews over Palestinians by using ethnocide and genocidal methods and preventing the return of the Palestinian refugees, equality between Israeli Jews and Palestinians and normal living conditions for the Palestinians.
Palestine is not a contested territory. Palestine has its rightful owners who continuously inhabited and utilized it, the Palestinians (In 1920 and 1925 two major archeological discoveries in Palestine date human presence to more than 1.7 million years ago. Jewish scholars date human creation to 5,673 years ago). Palestine is settled, colonized, and occupied by a foreign population (Israeli-Jews) that practices, keeps and maintains a system of apartheid against the Palestinians by force. Palestine is awaiting decolonization, liberation and self-determination. The decolonization of Palestine will restore justice to the Palestinian people, end Israeli genocide, and the elimination of the last bastion of institutional racism and colonialism on earth!
THE MUNICH ODS DECLARATION
THE DALLAS ODS DECLARATION
Zionism, the ideological force behind the establishment of the state of Israel in Palestine in 1948, is the product of Western Jewish cultural and political conditions.
ZIONISM: HISTORICAL / IDEOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT
The short answer is unequivocal yes! But for those who are skeptical, let the record speak for itself. The following section is a comparison between apartheid South Africa and an analysis of Israeli policies and practices.
One Democratic State in Palestine (ODS) is a conflict resolutions program of the Center for Advanced International Studies Inc. (CAIS), a 501 (c)(3) Educational and Not-For-Profit Corporatioon. All donations are tax-deductable.
The participants of the 4th ODS Conference have adopted the following principles and submit the note on the Munich Declaration for ODS for discussion and consideration:
IS ISRAEL AN APARTHEID STATE?
We, the people of Palestine and our descendants, call on all those who value justice and peace to join us in a movement to establish one democratic state in Palestine that can serve all its people equally.
Since 1948, it has been the consensus of the international community that a durable and just settlement for the Palestine/Israel conflict entails the creation of two states: Palestine and Israel and the return of all Palestinian refugees expelled by Israel and their compensation.
ONE STATE VS. TWO STATES IN HISTORIC PALESTINE?
Israel was established because of the existence of a European racist and settler colonial ideology through the application of carefully and deliberately fabricated myths. But unlike classical settler-colonialism, Zionism and Zionists have never maintained an umbilical cord to a mother European country nor with plans solely to exploit local natives and resources.
IS ISRAEL A COLONIAL STATE?
One Democratic State (ODS) shall be established in the entire territory of historic Palestine between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River as one country that belongs to all its citizens including all those who currently live there and all those who were expelled
over the past century and heir descendants.